Disaster recovery step on version 3.2.18 Stable

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
beloncfy

Disaster recovery step on version 3.2.18 Stable

Post by beloncfy »

Hi
I'm evaluating the Jetbackup and considering to subscribe for my cPanel server.

But I'm stuck at the reindex based on the following tutorial. There is no option to me on "Create a different indexing only job" as per describe.
https://www.jetapps.com/recover-your-cp ... m-disaster

I notice that there is a "Scheduled Index" on adding new destination, however it cannot be reindex immediately when the destination is added.

How can I reindex ASAP ?

Thank you.
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Disaster recovery step on version 3.2.18 Stable

Post by elialum »

Hi,

Can you please specify which version of JetBackup are you using ?

Thanks,
Eli.
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by elialum »

beloncfy,

Just noted you stated the version (3.2) in the subject.... :)

I am sorry for the confusion, the blog post you linked to is relevant for JetBackup 3.1, We simplified things in JetBackup 3.2, also in JetBackup 3.3 all the disaster recovery procedure is done through "wizard" and should be much more intuitive & easier.

Using JetBackup 3.2, you need to complete few easy steps, provided that you pre-configured a "disaster recovery" destination.

Before a disaster occurs -

1. Go to backup destinations, enable disaster recovery for any destination that you want (has to be a remote destination) (see attached screenshot)

Restoring from a disaster -

1. Install a fresh copy of JetBackup
2. Add your backup destination so jetbackup could restore settings from (the backup destination we enabled disaster recovery previously)
3. Go to Restore Manager -> Disaster recovery -> Click on "Restore system configuration"
4. Given it's a fresh cPanel install, All your accounts should be listed as "orphan accounts", you now can start restoring them in bulk.

NOTE: If it's not a "complete" disaster, and you only want to restore all accounts (all accounts are hacked for example), the only things you need to do is going to "Restore manager" -> Multiple account restore, and bulk restore all accounts.

Hope it's more clear now :)
As I mentioned earlier, JetBackup 3.3 soon to be released to public EDGE and we changed the whole concept there making it much more easier.

Thanks,
Eli.
Attachments
enable disaster recovery
enable disaster recovery
Selection_510.png (84.37 KiB) Viewed 8161 times
beloncfy

Post by beloncfy »

Hi
Thanks for your respond.

Will wait for the ver 3.3 since it has changed the restoration method entirely.