Error while trying to validate your License.

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
phv

Post by phv »

I am getting this error:

Error: Unable to parse license localkey

We have JetBackup installed on a few CPanel servers and recently this error started to show on some of them. I reinstalled JetBackup where this error happened (losing all previous backups) hoping it was a one time issue, but I just learned it happened again.

Of course license is valid. Even this page says so: https://www.jetapps.com/verify-license
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Error while trying to validate your License.

Post by elialum »

Hi,

We did encountered some errors with machine-ids changing in some virtual environments.
This issue is resolved in JetBackup 3.2 (not yet released), but for now we added a "grace" to allow you 3 days to resolve the issue without closing down JetBackup (you will get email notification for that).

Anyhow, to clear the local cache key you should execute -

jetcli backup -vfR clearcache

If that doesn't work, a license reissue prior to that command will work for sure.

There is no need to uninstall JetBackup, and if you did - you won't loose the backups, this is the main idea behind restoring backups from disaster. All you need to do is to re-connect JetBackup to the backup destination and execute "clear cache", it will re-index all backups.

In the future, please open a ticket with us - we will be more then happy to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks,
Eli.