Import snapshots made by JetBackup v3.1

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
v8co4TQ94aiG

Import snapshots made by JetBackup v3.1

Post by v8co4TQ94aiG »

Hello,

I'm currently running JetBackup 4.04.

I have replaced one of my cPanel server that was running JetBackup 3.1 by a better server that runs JetBackup 4.04.

Now I need to import all the snapshots that were made in the previous server but JetApps support is failing to provide a clear straight answer of how to achieve that. Does anyone here know how to achieve that?

The documentation really doesn't help, so this forum is my last resource before I say bye to JetBackup and go back to my incremental rsync backup scripts.

Thank you in advance

Kindly,

Al
JetAppsClark
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Import snapshots made by JetBackup v3.1

Post by JetAppsClark »

Hello Al,

We're sorry to hear that this issue was not resolved yet. I have upgraded the priority of your tickets so the Developement Team can look into this urgently. We will let you know via your ticket and this forum thread as soon as we have further updates. Thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this issue for you.
Thank You,
Clark, JetApps Team
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Import snapshots made by JetBackup v3.1

Post by elialum »

Hi,

Just bumping it to add some clarifications :)

Any backup created through JetBackup 3.1 should be migrated to the new structure only through the migration process.

If there is a scenario in which you somehow added extra previously created backups (JetBackup 3.1) after it migrated - there is no way for JetBackup 4.0 to know about them.

JetBackup 4.0 is 40% faster then 3.1, In order to achieve that we had to change the concept, which basically means you can't move/add backups once they are created. We are no longer "scanning" folders and looking for backups, everything is indexed into meta files and into the database.

Thanks,
Eli.