Not enough disk space in workspace partition

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
aleangelico

Not enough disk space in workspace partition

Post by aleangelico »

I'm getting this error
"Not enough disk space in workspace partition (Required: 78.4 GB, Available: 66.3 GB)"

I'm trying to run a backup for a 41Gb account. Isn't 78Gb too much to ask for?
It there a workaround for backing up this account? I cannot free more disk space.
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Not enough disk space in workspace partition

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hi aleangelico,

To resolve this issue, you may either change your Jetbackup workspace directory (https://docs.jetbackup.com/manual/whm/S ... -directory) to a partition with enough free space or contact your system administrator and ask for an increase of the size of the current partition.

Thank You.
Anton, JetApps Team
aleangelico

Post by aleangelico »

the thing is I dont have an additional volume.
I did a CPanel backup of this account witht the 60Gb free and it worked flawlessly.
I think JetBackup is asking for too much available space, it makes not sense to require almost the double space of the space used by the account.
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hi aleangelico,

I assume you are using an archived/compressed backup job. If so, then yes, unfortunately, JetBackup does require (a bit more than) twice of the account size during the backup on your workspace partition as it needs to generate the backup locally before transferring to your backup destination.

With that said, may I suggest trying out incremental backups if your destination supports so as it transfers most of the data directly to the backup destination and requires significantly much less available space on the workspace partition.

If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@jetapps.com.

Best Regards,
Anton
Anton, JetApps Team