Backup site/server alternatives

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
fbarajas

Backup site/server alternatives

Post by fbarajas »

Hi!

Since JetBackup STILL (February 29, 2020) doesn't support incremental backups on Backblaze, do you have any suggestion for a cheap but reliable backup destination compatible with JB's incremental backups?

For now, I'm using a secondary server for backup via SSH (Rsync), but I'm searching for another backup space that's cheaper than a secondary server but equally (or more) reliable.

As you can see on the attached image, I have 361 accounts using 864.4GB, but thanks to incremental backups, I'm only using almost the same space on my destination server, even though I'm storing 7 daily backups, 4 weekly backups and 2 monthly backups (13 versions)!!

Also, thanks to incremental backup, I can backup all the 361 accounts using only some hours at night.

Is there other option to have cheap but reliable backup that works with Jetbackup Incremental Backup that's cheaper than paying $80 USD a month for a secondary server?

Thanks a lot!
Attachments
backup.jpg
backup.jpg (41 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Backup site/server alternatives

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hi fbarajas,

We're glad to hear of your great experience with JetBackup and incremental backups.

As for alternatives outside of a dedicated SSH storage server, your options for destinations that fully
supports incremental backups are Local storage provided that it's on a separate device, or through rsync.net cloud storage.

Thank You,
Anton. JetApps Team.
Anton, JetApps Team