Feature request: Can we see how much data is going to be restored or backed up and the progress

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
Joker

Feature request: Can we see how much data is going to be restored or backed up and the progress

Post by Joker »

Currently, it's a complete mystery in JetBackup how much data is on our backup destination, and therefore how much is going to be restored.

I have a restore happening now that so far has taken over 5 hours to retrieve 11GB of data. I have no visibility on how much data it's bringing back, what the progress is, or what the data rate is.

Is it possible to add this please? Otherwise it's a complete guess what's going on in the system.

Please
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Feature request: Can we see how much data is going to be restored or backed up and the progress

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hi Joker,

Thank you for the feedback! Please feel free to open up feature request on our request site at: https://request.jetapps.com/

FYI, obtaining a high number of votes for feature requests from our community is the best way for our dev team to gauge demand and see which features to try and implement first.

Now with regards to finding out your IO and network speeds and utilization, you may use free linux utility programs such as iotop, iftop, iperf etc. to help you gather this information. There are also more advanced server monitoring systems out there that could help out with troubleshooting your issue.

I hope you find this information helpful and please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@jetapps.com if you need assistance in diagnosing your issue.

Best Regards,
Anton, JetApps Team.
Anton, JetApps Team