Restore UI in 4.0.22 - HORRIBLE!

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
myshop

Restore UI in 4.0.22 - HORRIBLE!

Post by myshop »

Hi

The new UI for picking a restore point is horrible in 4.0.22. Gone is the easy to use DropDown box and new is a paginated UI with 5 restore points to a page - Stretching out to many many pages.. Making selecting a backup to restore painful - Especially if we need to do restores of things from multiple restore points.

For example, say I want to restore 6 databases from a restore point made a month ago.. I need to flick through a dozen pages of restore points, find the database I want to restore and restore it, then repeat for every database.

The drop-down UI was MUCH easier to use. Please bring it back.
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Restore UI in 4.0.22 - HORRIBLE!

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Thank you myshop,

Please rest assured that we take user experience with the utmost importance and are always looking for ways to improve the UI in our software. With that said, we may not always get it exactly right. We greatly appreciate sharing your feedback with us and will share it to our development team for further review and consideration.

We are ALWAYS open to reconsidering implementing features from previous versions. If I may urge you to submit a feature request in the meantime at request.jetapps.com as it is the best avenue for our team to gauge the demand for this feature and prioritize which features to try and implement first.

Best Regards,
Anton, JetApps Team.
myshop

Post by myshop »

Feature?

The UI changed, and as so far as I can tell it changed without any customer complaining about the previous UI.

The new UI is virtually unusable - Especially in high pressure, time sensitive situations where a customer wants/needs restores done quickly and reliably.

Why should I request a 'feature' to get back perfectly functional UI?
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hello myshop,

To briefly explain the UI change, we had a few clients raise an issue accounting for backups when browsing the Restore & Download Section as they see more backups than the retention they have set. With the original UI, the Dropdown box only shows the timestamp of the backup so we made the change to a paginated window that shows more information on each available backup such as the destination it's stored in, if it's generated from a scheduled backup job or manually generated, etc.

With that said, we have begun preliminary discussion regarding this issue and do understand the benefits and disadvantages of both approaches as we work towards balancing ease of use and functionality. As for opening feature requests on our request site, it not only helps us gauge the demand for feature requests but it also is a better avenue for the community to share and discuss ideas as well as for our team to provide prompt updates regarding this feature.

Again, we greatly appreciate the continued feedback as we strive to provide you with the functionality and ease of use you have come to expect in our software.

Thank You,
Anton, JetApps Team.
Anton, JetApps Team
myshop

Post by myshop »

Hi

Thanks - Perhaps the new UI could be enhanced to display more on a page - And perhaps some filtering options..

When restoring database backups, have a database filter and maybe even a backup date/time filter - these will help narrow down the options quickly.

Also, maybe display more than 5 per page - Its nowhere near enough.
Attachments
jetbackupdbfilter.png
jetbackupdbfilter.png (65.56 KiB) Viewed 3892 times