Does Jetbackup make a full copy of the server data before it runs an Rsync to your destination?

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
Joker

Does Jetbackup make a full copy of the server data before it runs an Rsync to your destination?

Post by Joker »

I'm looking at Jetbackup as an alternative to the built in Cpanel backup.

One reason is that the cpanel backup insists on making a full backup copy of the server data to a /backup directory before running the Rsync backup.

This means that you always have to have twice the server space available in order to perform a backup. This is, well, insane.

So I'm wondering if Jetbackup does the same thing, or if it can just perform a straight Rsync backup from the server files to the destination. So as to be much more efficient.

Thanks,
Norm
ofir
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Does Jetbackup make a full copy of the server data before it runs an Rsync to your destination?

Post by ofir »

Hi Norm,

On JetBackup you can choose if to keep your backups locally or send them directly to a remote server.
JetBackup also allows the ability to perform incremental backups (on the supported backup destinations) to decrease the backup run time and consume less disk space on the backup destination.

On your case, I really suggest to try JetBackup - you can get the 14 days trial without any commitment,
Get more experienced with JetBackup And see if it met your needs.

Regards,
Ofir JetApss Team
Joker

Re: Does Jetbackup make a full copy of the server data before it runs an Rsync to your destination?

Post by Joker »

That wasn't the question I asked.

Does Jetbackup make a full copy of the server files to the local server, before it runs the backup?

Thanks
Joker

Post by Joker »

So I agree that being able to try out Jetbackup is great. But when I go to the 14 day trial link, I enter the information it asks for, then it asks for my credit card.

There is no indication on the credit card page that I will NOT be charged for 14 days.

It just straight up looks like it's going to charge me the monthly amount.

How do I know it's going to actually give me a 14 day trial?

Thanks
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hi Joker,

Thank you for clarifying your question. JetBackup creates a temporary copy of the backups per account basis before transferring it to the destination and we recommend having a minimum reserved free space of 110% the largest account on your server.

As for the Trial License, our order system should not ask for your credit information when getting our Trial License. I also just want to clarify that we provide a free 10-Day Trial, I apologize for the confusion.

For peace of mind, you could go ahead with the JetBackup installation on your server without going through our order system and it will Instantly Activate your Trial License for your server. Once you have decided to purchase a License, please make sure to run jetcli backup --license on your server's command-line to validate your license against our licensing servers

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank You,
JetApps Team.
Anton, JetApps Team