Questions during trial.

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
dmitrifedotov1730

Questions during trial.

Post by dmitrifedotov1730 »

Hi all,
I Just installed Jetserver yesterday and after first backup run got few questions:

I got E-mail notification "We transfered all daily backups successfully to the FTP remote server." when transfer just started. At the moment of notification it was no backups at remote server, buy the way backup transfer worked an in result I got almost all accounts backups at remote server bit later.

1. Does system notify about successful transfer in advance to transfer or I did some wrong settings?
2. One account hasn't been transferred, it was account with biggest size. Is it any way to control and proceed until end account transfers?

3. I see backups locally on the main server and on remote server, but in WHM Jetserver Backup Manager doesn't see backups, at first tab 'Backups' I see 'Backup files not found'. Same stuff in cpanel no-backups.
What can cause that?

4. My remote backup server is just linux (Ubuntu) desktop, can I setup rsync on that machine, can someone help, what should I setup on my remote backup machine?
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Questions during trial.

Post by elialum »

Hi,

[quote]1. Does system notify about successful transfer in advance to transfer or I did some wrong settings?[/quote]

There are two types of FTP backups -

1. Entire directory remote backups - this will backup the entire backup folder.
2. Single account remote backup - this will only backup one particular account.

I need to know the exact setup you have, so I will test this issue in our test env. (emails should be sent only when the setup finishes).

[quote]One account hasn't been transferred, it was account with biggest size. Is it any way to control and proceed until end account transfers?[/quote]

How big ? (Can you specify the size) Might be a communication drop that interrupted the transfer.
If you use rsync instead of FTP, the system will recognize the failure and will try to transfer the file once again.

[quote]WHM Jetserver Backup Manager doesn't see backups, at first tab 'Backups' I see 'Backup files not found'[/quote]

This should work, are you using cPanel legacy backup ?

[quote]My remote backup server is just linux (Ubuntu) desktop, can I setup rsync on that machine, can someone help, what should I setup on my remote backup machine?[/quote]

This should work - http://www.jetserver.net/doc/appendices/rsync

It will be best of you attach some screenshots of your settings so we will be able to understand more clearly.

Eli.
dmitrifedotov1730

Questions during trial.

Thanks Eli for prompt reply.
I just checked again WHM settings and found that I forgot to disable ordinary backup and it was legacy enabled simultaneously. I'll wait until coming night and check how it will work now, seems like it's just my mistake in setting((((.
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Questions during trial.

Post by elialum »

Hi,

ok, update us back for any issue.

Eli.
dmitrifedotov1730

Questions during trial.

Hi, rsync works fine, I got all backups on remote server and e-mail report been send after all download and has information about all saved accounts, that is fine, thanks!
Seems like there is issue related to ftp mode, but anyway rsync is better option.
dmitrifedotov1730

Questions during trial.

Buy the way, when I try to download backup from cpanel, I got message:
SQL ERROR

Unknown column 'realfile_time' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO jbm_backups_download (`backup_username`,`backup_fullname`,`backup_type`,`backup_location`,`time`,`realfile_time`,`downloaded`,`ready`,`active`,`notify`) VALUES ('farmercl', '/etc/jetserverbackupsmanager/downloads/local/daily/farmercl.tar.gz', 'daily', 'local', 1396513772, '1396478030', 0, 0, 1, 1)
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Questions during trial.

Post by elialum »

Hi,

[quote]Seems like there is issue related to ftp mode, but anyway rsync is better option. [/quote]

Will open an internal case for our developers to check this.

[quote]Buy the way, when I try to download backup from cpanel, I got message:
SQL ERROR Unknown column 'realfile_time' in 'field list' [...] [/quote]

First time I see this error.
Will appreciate if you open an internal ticket with us for further investigation.

Eli.
dmitrifedotov1730

Questions during trial.

[quote="elialum" post=343]Hi,

[quote]Seems like there is issue related to ftp mode, but anyway rsync is better option. [/quote]

Will open an internal case for our developers to check this.

[quote]Buy the way, when I try to download backup from cpanel, I got message:
SQL ERROR Unknown column 'realfile_time' in 'field list' [...] [/quote]

First time I see this error.
Will appreciate if you open an internal ticket with us for further investigation.

Eli.[/quote]
Done ticket #138738
dmitrifedotov1730

Questions during trial.

Hi all, it's me again))).
I got a new problem.
I have daily backup and it overwrites backup from previous day, as result, I have only one backup for previous day. Original non legacy WHM backup created separate folder for every day and I was able to get backups for several days. Did I setup something wrong or it's how system works?
My Idea is to keep several backups on remote server, as example, 4 daily, 4 weekly and 4 monthly. Is that setup possible?
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Questions during trial.

Post by elialum »

Hi,

Current version only support legacy backup structure for remote backups (i.e, only local, weekly & monthly backups on the remote server).

We are working on a new version that will support more backup points (No ETA at the moment).

Eli.