Confused about configuring backup

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
lloyds

Confused about configuring backup

Post by lloyds »

I just installed JetBackupManager on my VPS. I've added a remote destination but cannot figure out the best way of setting up backup jobs. Are there any best practices you can share. Which Job Type(s) should I use? For example, how would I make a full backup once per week and incremental backups on a daily basis for each CPanel account, and important directories and files on the server? Is that a Replicate once per week with Accounts Incremental daily?

I checked your KB and couldn't find anything.

Also, I see no way of enabling Backup Rotation. I went to the settings page and the only options refer to stop backing up users in the following cases. But the plugin is telling me it's disabled.
idanbe
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Confused about configuring backup

Post by idanbe »

lloyds wrote:I just installed JetBackupManager on my VPS. I've added a remote destination but cannot figure out the best way of setting up backup jobs. Are there any best practices you can share. Which Job Type(s) should I use? For example, how would I make a full backup once per week and incremental backups on a daily basis for each CPanel account, and important directories and files on the server? Is that a Replicate once per week with Accounts Incremental daily?
The best way in my opinion is to set SSH backup destination and accounts incremental jobs that retain 14 (or more) backups.
That will give you 14 days of backups and consume only 1 full backup + 13 only changes of disk space for each account.
lloyds wrote:Also, I see no way of enabling Backup Rotation. I went to the settings page and the only options refer to stop backing up users in the following cases. But the plugin is telling me it's disabled.
On "Settings › Backup Rotation Settings" page you can set the maximum size of disk or inodes that you want to backup,
for example if you set the "Disk Space Usage reaches" to 5GB the system will not backup any backup that is consuming more then 5GB of disk space.
unless you force that account to backup from the "Backup Manager › Backup Rotation" page.