Problem adding a new destination

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
combit

Problem adding a new destination

Post by combit »

Hello,

I just purchased JetBackup to back up my accounts via cPanel to Hetzner's storagebox. I have already followed all the steps in the tutorials, however, when trying to save the new destination I get the following error:

Error: Registering Destination... Failed - Error: No error message returned from remote server (cmd: ssh -p 23 MyUser@MyUser.your-backup.de -o ControlPath="/usr/local/jetapps/etc/jetbackup5/.ssh/sockets/6455d17790ff8c795f40bdc2.sock" -x uname -a, output: Command not found. Use 'help' to get a list of available commands., exit code: 8)
If I try sftp or ssh access on port 23 the connection is successful.

How can I fix the problem?
combit

Re: Problem adding a new destination

Post by combit »

Apparently the problem in question is at the end of the command line, when "uname -a" is passed...

If I run the full command line via bash the connection is made. It seems to me that the "-a" of uname is what is causing the "Command not found"

How to fix?

It works:
ssh -p 23 MyUser@MyUser.your-backup.de -o ControlPath="/usr/local/jetapps/etc/jetbackup5/.ssh/sockets/6455d17790ff8c795f40bdc2.sock" -x

It not works:
ssh -p 23 MyUser@MyUser.your-backup.de -o ControlPath="/usr/local/jetapps/etc/jetbackup5/.ssh/sockets/6455d17790ff8c795f40bdc2.sock" -x uname -a
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello combit,

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. This is a known issue that has recently appeared with Hetzner storage destinations. We have created an internal issue (JBB-#1569) for our developers to address this case. In the meantime, you can manually create this destination using the JetBackup 5 API. In the below example, replace the fields {HETZNER_USER}, and {HETZNER_PASSWORD} with the details related to your storage box user. (MyUser@MyUser.your-backup.de)

Code: Select all

jetbackup5api -F manageDestination -D "action=createtype=SSH&disk_limit=95&options[path]=./jetbackup5-backups/&options[port]=23&options[timeout]=60&options[username]={HETZNER_USER}&options[host]={HETZNER_USER}.your-backup.de&options[password]={HETZNER_PASSSOWRD}&name=SSH&options[freebsd]=true&options[hetzner]=true"
https://billing.jetapps.com/index.php?r ... found.html

If you are still having issues creating the destination, please do not hesitate to reach out to our 24/7/365 support team! You can do this by emailing support@jetapps.com
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
shohan

Post by shohan »

trying to connect bunny.net storage.
but, facing an error.

Code: Select all

Error: Registering Destination... Failed - Error: Failed connecting FTP server sg.storage.bunnycdn.com on port 21. Error: QUOT command failed with 550
Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/LC8W7KUF95sA
JetAppsKevin
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsKevin »

Hello shohan,

From the error message, it seems that there are insufficient permissions on your destination. Please check and if the issue persists, please contact our 24/7/365 support team by emailing support@jetapps.com.

Best Regards,
Kevin N
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com