Jetbackup 5 jobs showing Next Run in Past/old dates

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
hamzakhankhan

Jetbackup 5 jobs showing Next Run in Past/old dates

Post by hamzakhankhan »

We have jetbackup 5 running in all servers smoothly from past few months untill i noticed just now that my backups are not running from the past week.

I checked things and found that the jobs tab is showing the "next run" in old dates.

I tried clicking the run now button and its saying 1 job running but the logs and queue is not showing anything even more then 24 hours are password i clicked that for our database backups which take hardly 1 hour to complete still its saying 1 job running with nothing in queue and logs.

I have tried restarting jetbackup 5 with this command but it didnt worked:

service jetmongod restart

I have attached the screenshot too.

We have the same issue in all 18 servers.

Also, the backup job JB Config - Compressed Encrypted is created by its own there, we havent created that job.
Attachments
jetbackup 5.png
jetbackup 5.png (79.13 KiB) Viewed 742 times
JetAppsKevin
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Jetbackup 5 jobs showing Next Run in Past/old dates

Post by JetAppsKevin »

Hello hamzakhankhan,

To clarify, the command to restart the JetBackup service is:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/systemctl restart jetbackup5d
The dates for the job runs should be fixed after restarting the service.

For more information on the JB5 services, please refer to our documentation:

https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.3/adminpa ... 20Services

Additionally, the JetBackup Config backup job is always present and if your destination has JB Config enabled, then it will generate a backup of JetBackup's settings and configurations that can restored during a disaster recovery. We have more information regarding the JB Config backup job on our documentation here:

https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.3/adminpa ... p%20Config

If your issues persist, please do not hesitate to contact our help desk by emailing support@jetapps.com

Thank you,
Kevin N
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
forgeahead

Post by forgeahead »

Hello,

It seems like you're experiencing a common issue where JetBackup 5 jobs are getting stuck, and backups are not proceeding as scheduled. This can be due to several factors, but let's try to troubleshoot step by step.

Firstly, the fact that the "Next Run" shows old dates suggests that the cron jobs responsible for triggering the backups might not be running correctly, or the job scheduler within JetBackup 5 is encountering issues.

Here are a few steps to diagnose and potentially resolve the issue:

Check Cron Jobs:
Verify that the cron jobs for JetBackup are correctly set up and are running. You can do this by checking the cron service status and logs.

service crond status
grep CRON /var/log/syslog (for Ubuntu)
grep CRON /var/log/cron (for CentOS/RHEL)
Manual Trigger:
Since you've already tried 'service jetmongod restart' and running the jobs manually with no success, it's best to attempt to trigger a backup from the command line to see if there are any immediate errors that are not showing up in the UI.

Logs Inspection:
Inspect the JetBackup logs for any errors. The logs might provide more insight into what is going wrong. You can find the logs typically under /usr/local/jetapps/var/log.

Permissions Check:
Ensure that file permissions and ownerships are correct on the backup destination as well as the JetBackup configuration files.

Resource Check:
Verify that your server has enough resources (CPU, Memory, Disk I/O) to initiate and run the backup processes. Sometimes, if the server is under heavy load, the backup processes might get queued but not run.

JetBackup Updates:
Ensure JetBackup is updated to the latest version. Sometimes bugs that cause such behavior are fixed in newer versions.

jetapps --update jetbackup
Contact Support:
Since this issue is occurring across all 18 servers, it could be a more systemic problem with JetBackup itself. It might be time to contact their support team. Make sure to provide them with all the relevant information and the steps you have already taken.

Regarding the 'JB Config - Compressed Encrypted' job that was created on its own, it's possible that this job is a default preset by JetBackup. However, it's best to clarify this with the support team as well.

Please let us know the outcome of these steps, and if none resolve the issue, it might be necessary to involve JetBackup's support for a deeper investigation.

Best of luck!
JetAppsKevin
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsKevin »

We appreciate your input forgeahead!

Just to clarify, JetBackup schedules do not run on a cron. JetBackup is run as a system service.

Thank you,
Kevin N
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com